Cleanse Scalp Natural Hair – When your natural hair is short cleansing your scalp is pretty simple and easy. Yet, scalp cleansing can become more stressful and tiring once your hair begins to grow longer. So, here are simple steps that will make your scalp cleansing experience easy and very pleasing.
Steps to cleanse the scalp of natural hair
1. Longer hair may need to be sectioned before you begin the scalp cleansing process. Use hair clips to hold hair into four to eight sections.
2. If your hair is tangled, use your fingers to comb through sections. Your hair doesn’t need to be completely tangle-free, but working through tangles before getting the hair wet cuts down on possible matting problems.
3. Wet your hair in sections thoroughly. If your hair is very thick and/or long, a detachable shower head makes wetting every strand easier. It may take a few minutes to completely saturate your hair.
4. Put a small amount of moisturizing shampoo or cleanser in your hands and rub them together before applying to your scalp. Rub the cleanser into your scalp with the balls of your fingers, not your nails. Concentrate on cleansing the scalp.
5. Allow the water to work the shampoo down the shaft of your hair. You can help it along with your fingers. Unless you have heavy products or buildup in your hair, you don’t need to scrub the hair squeaky clean with shampoo.
6. Work one section of your hair at a time, clipping it back into place when you’re finished.
7. If you cleanse your hair at least once a week, one lather session should be enough. If you shampoo less often or if you have heavy buildup, a second shampoo may be required.
8. Thoroughly rinse the hair, beginning with the scalp and working the water down. Make sure all traces of shampoo are rinsed away.
Watch step by step tutorial on how to cleanse your scalp and hair.
Tips to cleanse the scalp of natural hair :
1. Do not ball or pile your hair on top of your head when shampooing. This is a great way to get tangles.
2. Use moisturizing sulfate free, paraben free shampoos.
Must Haves For Proper Scalp Cleansing:
* Moisturizing sulfate free, paraben free Shampoo or Co-Wash
* Hair Clips
* (Optional) Detachable Shower Head
Now, what about you? How Do You Cleanse Your Natural Hair? What are your techniques?
Until Next Post, Stay Tuned,