Once a month you should stock up on groceries for easy meal prep. It simplifies meal planning and the constant need to run to the store for missing items. Best of all, if you are not big on meal planning whipping up a healthy meal becomes easy peasy since you already have most of the basic grocery essentials on hand.
Stock Up On Grocery Items to Simplify Meal Planning
Grocery Items You Should Have On Hand
You can keep these items stored away for more than 6 months before they expire so buy plenty! Just make sure to track the expiration dates.
- Pasta: rice noodles, lasagna, spaghetti, linguine, penne, rotini
- Peanut butter, almond butter, coconut manna, or cashew butter
- Can tuna, chicken, and salmon: for meat lovers
- Granola and health bars
- Oatmeal and cereal
- Rice and grains: cornmeal, quinoa, brown rice, wild rice, bulgar, basmati rice, wheat berries
- Canned and dried beans: red beans, lentils, chickpeas, pinto beans, black beans, black eye peas, butter beans
- Salad dressings
- Soy Sauce and Tamari
- Cooking Oils: Avocado, Olive, Sunflower, Canola, Grapeseed
- Canned & Frozen Vegetables: mix vegetable blends, corn, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, green beans
- Canned Tomatoes: Diced, Sauce, and Paste
- Herbs and Spices: Cumin, Chili Powder, Granulated Garlic Powder, Salt, pepper, paprika, basil, parsley, oregano, thyme, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, & allspice.
- Condiments: Ketchup, yellow mustard, dijon mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, relish, barbecue sauce, pickled peppers, jar of minced garlic
- Flour: whole wheat, bread flour, all-purpose
- Baking Soda & Baking Powder
- Nuts: peanuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, including mixed nuts or trail mixes
- Canned, Jared, or Frozen Fruit: Applesauce, peaches, pineapples, cherries, mandarins, mangos, pears, mixed fruit
Essential Groceries To Purchase For The Week
- Milk: Almond, Coconut, Cashew, Oat, Soy or Cow
- Fresh Fruit: Bananas, apples, tomatoes, avocado, lemons, or limes
- Fresh Vegetables: onions, garlic, spinach, kale, mixed leafy greens, zucchini, squash, peppers (green or red), celery, carrots. sweet potatoes or russet potatoes.
- Juice: Apple, orange, lemon, lime or mixed blend.
- Butter: can be purchased in bulk if frozen and thawed in the fridge when ready for use.
Find All Your Pantry Staples In One Place: Shop and Save