This Spanish rice recipe will definitely taste great in your burrito or as a side dish to your favorite southwestern main dish! Made with brown rice, it is baked in an oven and comes out nice and fluffy. Best of all, it will not let you down!
Spanish Rice Recipe
Serves 6 to 8
1 onion chopped
1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
2 cups of long grain brown rice (uncooked)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon of lime juice
1 teaspoon of coriander
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sliced jalapeno (optional)
- Set oven temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Take out a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the onion, garlic, can tomatoes with juice, cumin, chili powder, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno in a blender and process until it reach a sauce consistency. Next, pour into a saucepan along with the vegetable broth and heat to a simmer over medium heat.
- Now spread the brown rice over the baking dish and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkled with salt making sure rice is fully blended with oil.
- When the broth mixture is at a simmer pour it over the rice, stir making sure the rice is mixed in, then cover baking dish tightly with aluminum. Place baking dish in the oven and cook for 1 hour.
- Finally, pull out baking dish fluff rice and serve. Enjoy!
Note: If rice is not cooked all the way add ¼ cup of broth to rice and cook for another 10 minutes until done.