I am back in the kitchen again and I have prepared a quick healthy hearty vegan meal! Today, I decided to use my imagination by cooking up dinner that is absolutely appealing to the pallet. This recipe is super quick and easy you will have dinner ready in no time! Also, I know you will enjoy it too!
Southwestern Pinto Beans & Cabbage Recipe
Serves 2 (double recipe for family size)
Cook Time 15 minutes
1 can Pinto Beans, rinsed
1 small white onion, sliced thin
1 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
1 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp canola or grapeseed oil
1 tbsp of jarred jalapeño
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp coriander
1 tbsp lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1 (10 oz) bag coleslaw
2 tbsp of your favorite salsa
Tortilla chips (optional)
½ avocado (optional)
- Set the stove top temperature to medium heat.
- Heat 1 tablespoons of oil in a skillet until simmering. Add the onions and peppers, cook until soft and tender about 5 minutes.
- Next, add the garlic and cook for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the beans, 1 tablespoon of the jarred jalapeños, 1 tsp of chili powder and 1 tsp of coriander into the skillet.
- Cook until well combined and beans are heated through about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add 1 tablespoon of lime juice then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take about 1 to 2 cups of coleslaw mix and place it on the plate. Then add the Beans mixture on top of the coleslaw mix. Spread salsa on top. Serve with corn tortillas and sliced avocado. Enjoy!