Feb 22, 2017
Currently, I am on a fasting diet with a focus on living a healthy holistic lifestyle. As a part of my diet, I prepared this tasty and very filling healthy vegan meal so here is the recipe!
Mixed Veggies Spinach Quinoa Recipe
16 oz bag of Spinach
1 red or white onion sliced into thin strips
1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
1 green bell pepper sliced into thin strips
1 summer squash sliced thinly
2 carrots peeled & diced thinly
1 tsp tamari
2 tsp garlic
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 or 1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Cook the quinoa in vegetable broth according to package directions then set aside
- Set the stove temperature to medium high heat, add the oil then heat until simmering.
- Saute the carrots bell peppers, oregano, thyme, and garlic and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the onions and tamari, saute for 2 minutes. Next, add the summer squash then the spinach, cook until spinach is wilted and squash is cooked through. Sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a side of quinoa or mix it in the vegetables. Enjoy!